The name Bucine comes from Latin bucinum (shell species); Was a fishing net or a hunting net for squirrels, used in Tuscany. The existence of the Podere Bucine Basso is documented in the General Landfill of Tuscany, on the 3-Comune of Lari- sezione di San Ruffino , Dating back to 1822.
The building is identified with the landmark "Bucino", located in Bucino and constitutes a system of agricultural and residential buildings that presumably lead to the nearby "Podere Bucino". The property was affected by the passage of Botro di Pioppeta, a branching of the Botraccio stream, and their paths are still legible. The current access road to the estate was identified with the "Via di Tersanosa" toponym, and was engraved on the "road from Bagno a Pontedera" (the current trade route linking Casciana Terme to Pontedera), to continue Named "via del Bucino" to the village of San Ruffino. The fragmentation of properties and a different use of the ground meant that the old street of Tersanosa was interrupted right near the Podere Bucine Basso. The building was restored in the 1990s, through a project that reinterprets the forms and volumes Typical of Tuscany's Tuscan architec.
The City of Lari
The city of Lari has long been an important political, administrative and economic center of the Province of Pisa, thanks also to the strategic position of proximity to Pisa, Florence, San Gimignano, Volterra, the Livorno coast and Lucca.
The origin of the name "Lari" has been recaptured at the Etruscan-Roman term «lar», Lare, the defending divinity of the communication paths, and the name of the Etruscan person «Lars» (see Lars Porsenna). The various archaeological finds in the Ligurian area confirm the thesis of an Etruscan origin and confirm an intense activity in Roman times (Etruscan necropolis of S. Ruffino from the VIIIth-VII century BC, Etruscan sepulchral marble cippus - at the Castello dei Vicari) - III-II sec. BC, Etruscan tomb of Casciana Alta, Roman statue of the 1st c. B.C. Of the Vicariate Castle). Conquered and fortified by the Longobards, up to the 11th century remains rural free and is included in the diocese of Lucca (up to the XVII century).
Lari was contended between Lucca, Pisa and the Republic of Florence, it passes under the rule of the Upezzinghi and, in 1406, to that of the city of the lily. Florence elects Lari to the rank of capital of the Pisan and Livorno Hills, hosting the Vicars of the Florentine Government, members of the most noble Medici family towns, Pitti, Capponi and Guicciardini. The Vicariate of Lari had jurisdiction over a vast territory extending from Pontedera to Riparbella and Peccioli to Rosignano Marittimo and Livorno. With the reforms of the Habsburgs in the 19th century and annexation to Piedmont, Lari progressively lost administrative and judicial importance, But not commercial and agricultural (cherry production), which still today distinguishes it.